Fire destroys Forest Avenue home

Posted

UPDATE

For those who would like to help a GoFundMe has been set up by the family. The link is listed below.  In a social media post, the family asks that their loved ones be lifted up in prayer. https://www.gofundme.com/f/christine-billy-pearson-house-fire?qid=b02b149be89043bbe98eb70e356af930

CHIPLEY – A local family has lost their home following an early morning blaze in Chipley.

The Chipley Fire Department responded around 1 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 20, to a residence at 1312 Forest Avenue with the assistance of Bonifay Fire-Rescue.

Firefighters arrived on scene to find the home fully engulfed, with Chipley Fire Chief Floyd Aycock calling the residence a “total loss"; however, no one was injured.

The fire is believed to have been started by a heat lamp, which had been left on to keep a family pet warm.

We will update this story as soon as possible with information on how the community can assist this family in their time of need.

fire, Chipley Fire Department, Aycock, family, loss

Comments

No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here